Los angeles amusement park injury attorney
Amusement park injury attorney
Amusement park accidents can result in severe injury or death to somebody visiting or working at an amusement park. Millions of people from all over the country come to California specifically to go to amusement parks. Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Magic Mountain, and others are favorite amusement parks for families and young people in California.
TRUSTED AMUSEMENT PARK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN LOS ANGELES
Amusement park and theme park accidents are increasing throughout the country as newer and faster rides open. When these rides gain popularity, existing rides may get overlooked as more visitors are crowding the parks. Any accident at Disneyland or any other theme park that causes injury or death should get investigated. An experienced theme park accident attorney at Grey Law can help recover financial damages due to an accident occurring in a theme park.
Our Los Angeles personal injury lawyer has over 35 years of experience helping clients through personal injury claims. Our firm represents victims of amusement park injuries to hold negligent vendors, staff, or other parties accountable. We would work with safety experts and investigators to determine the cause of a theme park accident.
We expose poor maintenance, improperly calibrated cables, malfunctioning motors, and failed safety belts. Our attorneys also investigate to ensure that the ride operators received proper training and were given drug and alcohol screening tests before being hired.
COMMON CAUSES OF AMUSEMENT PARK ACCIDENTS
Amusement park accidents can be caused by:
- Negligence on the part of the guest; For example, refusal to follow specific ride safety instructions or deliberate intent to break park rules.
- A guest’s known or unknown health issues
- Negligence on the part of the park, either by ride operator or maintenance
- Generic accident, such as slipping and falling, which that is not a direct result of an action on anybody’s part
SAFETY AND REGULATION
The Consumer Product Safety Commission keeps detailed accident reports describing injuries that happen on the premises of amusement parks. In 2009, approximately 280 million guests visited U.S. amusement facilities and safely enjoyed 1.7 billion rides. The most recent survey reports that an estimated 1,086 ride-related injuries occurred in 2009. Only 65 of the injuries in 2009 got categorized as “serious,” meaning they required some form of overnight treatment at a hospital.
Many amusement park accidents take place at local fairs and short-term entertainment events. Unfortunately, the safety procedures at the local county fairs are not nearly as stringent as at the larger theme parks. Rides are repeatedly put up and taken down. In the meantime, they are banged over bumpy highways and roads as they get transported across the country. When stored, anything can happen. Often these rides are not maintained, improperly set up, or simply overused and outdated. Additionally, the operators may not get the proper training or work inattentive to the risks.
Getting injured on a roller coaster ride or amusement park grounds can cause serious injury, loss of the inability to work, or even death. You may be entitled to financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT AMUSEMENT PARK INJURY
- What are the most common injuries you can sustain from an amusement park accident?
- Whiplash from forced, sudden head, neck, and back movements
- Death from falling or getting thrown off a ride
- TBI from falling debris striking the head
- Aneurysms due to blood pressure change and eccentric force
- Broken bones, torn ligaments, herniated disks
- Drowning on water slides/rides
- What is the leading cause of amusement park injuries?
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), these factors contribute to hospital visits and fatalities:
- Mechanical malfunction
- Improper riding (ex. without a seatbelt)
- Passengers ignoring the rules
- The nature of the ride (without defect, error, or rider misuse)
- If my injury was caused by product liability, can I file a lawsuit?
Yes, you can still file a lawsuit. Not all amusement park accidents happen because of human error. Defective ride parts that go unnoticed during routine maintenance can cause damage mid-ride. If you bring a claim against the manufacturer, you must prove the accident happened because of poor design, malfunction, or structure.
- What are a few defenses that amusement parks and ride manufacturers will use in a personal injury lawsuit?
- There is an assumption of risk: In court, the defendant may disclose that the plaintiff was aware of the risks before engaging in the activity. They may use this to demonstrate that riders shouldn’t hold an operator or park owner responsible for something they should have assumed to happen.
- Not complying with safety rules: When riders get injured, defendants might say they did not follow directions or rules while it was in operation. For not complying with the requirements, they got hurt. There was nothing the operator could have done for individuals ignoring the safety rules.
- The disclaimer on amusement park tickets: The last defense they might make is the disclaimer on the ticket. The amusement park company may see it as a binding contract that prevents riders from filing a lawsuit. As soon as visitors enter the park, they assume you’re going to take responsibility for your health and safety should something happen.
Keep in mind that with the help of an injury lawyer in LA, these defenses will seldom hold weight. We will protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
CONTACT AN AMUSEMENT PARK ACCIDENT LAWYER
If injured on someone else’s property in Los Angeles, contact the attorneys at Grey Law. The Los Angeles amusement park accident attorneys at Grey Law have over 25 years of experience handling amusement park accident cases. Our aggressive legal team will help you receive the compensation you deserve for your losses. Call us today at 323-701-1183 for a free legal case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accidents on Interstate Highways
It is usual to see a vehicle or truck parked on the shoulder of an interstate highway. Collisions may happen no matter how cautious a person might be. Pedestrians are often the victim in these [...]
What is a Subrogation Action?
Have you been in a workplace accident or car accident? If so, you likely visited an urgent care facility or emergency room thereafter. While any medical provider is likely to get patients to fill out [...]
Factors to Consider When Hiring a Truck Accident Attorney
Whenever you are in a truck accident, it is essential to seek legal help. There are many factors to consider when hiring a truck accident attorney. You want to find someone who has experience with [...]