The statistics of children being involved in motor vehicle accidents are quite depressing. You can prevent most cases filed by child injury attorneys by minimizing risky situations. Some of the risky scenarios that can lead to accidents include:
- Using child safety restraints improperly
- Not using the safety restraints
- Improper installation of the safety restrains
- Leaving your children unattended in the vehicle
Common Child Injuries
NHTSA statistics reveal that children below the age of eight suffer critical injuries in car crashes. A Los Angeles child injury attorney can help seek compensation. Some of the common injuries to children in motor vehicles include:
- Thoracic injuries: this type of injury is likely to occur in infants below twelve months. It results from injuries caused by the fracturing of the lungs and ribs. At times, internal bleeding can occur and could lead to irreversible consequences. Ensure that you seek the services of a personal injury lawyer for claims involving minors.
- Head injuries: When it comes to motor vehicle safety for children, parents worry about head injuries resulting from a car crash. A vehicle accident can cause unconsciousness, brain injuries, and even skull fractures.
- Glass injuries: Glasses from broken windows can pierce your child’s skin and cause scarring. If the accident occurred at school, be sure to seek compensation for damages by finding a lawyer for child injuries at school.
- Permanent disability: rollovers can lead to fatal injuries that could cause incapacitation, such as nerve damages, loss of a limb, or spinal injuries.
- Psychological injuries: A vehicle accident can be traumatic and should never be ignored. As you seek help from a Los Angeles child injury attorney, be sure to book a counseling session for your child.
Preventing Vehicle Injuries
A personal injury lawyer for claims involving minors can help by filing a report with the necessary institution. However, you can avoid similar incidents by familiarizing yourself with road safety traffic rules. Some of the precautions include:
- Ensure that your baby sits in a forward-facing car seat
- Keep an eye on your child even when behind the wheel; never leave them unattended.
- Avoid distractions and focus on the road to avoid knocking those who might be crossing.
- Buckle your children in their car seats
- Install and use car boosters properly
- Ensure your vehicle is safe; it should have anti-lock brakes, lane departure warning, stability brakes, and adaptive cruise control.
- Avoid late-night trips with your children because they can easily fall asleep, increasing the chances of car accidents and injuries.
Los Angeles Injury Lawyer: Find an Expert for a Successful Compensation
Though you can do everything to keep your children safe behind the wheel, there are circumstances when child injuries might be inevitable. While seeking treatment for your child, it will be best for you to seek compensation. A lawyer for child injuries at school can seek compensation that might help settle medical bills.
If you are searching for a Los Angeles injury lawyer, GreyLaw is a legal firm you can trust. The institution has various attorneys specializing in automobile-related accidents. For comprehensive information and any concerns, you can book an appointment by calling the firm.