We Maximize Your Case for The Compensation You Deserve
Are you searching for the right attorney? If you’re one of the 1.5 million people who has suffered from a traumatic brain injury or living with a TBI, you deserve a legal professional with a track record of winning cases for their clients. Even if your head injury hasn’t caused life-threatening symptoms, the possibility of it turning into a long-term disability or fatality remains. This article serves as a helpful guide for accident victims who intend to file a lawsuit for their injuries.
When Should You Hire a Lawyer After a Brain Injury?
The best time to hire a tbi lawyer is dependent on the unique case of our clients. However minor your accident might seem, traumatic brain injuries are often dangerous whether it was a workplace incident, car accident, or slip and fall that led to your hospitalization. Having an attorney by your side will give you peace of mind, as you might not be able to think clearly or make sound decisions. Our job is to ensure your rights are protected and the settlement you accept is fair.
Can You Sue Someone for Brain Damage?
Most personal injury cases are based on negligence. But, proving liability never comes easy, especially if you don’t have evidence tying someone to the accident. After we establish you have a case, we’ll conduct an investigation and pull together related evidence. Calculating damages for head injuries is not an easy task. Even when you don’t have symptoms you could be experiencing what we refer to as microtraumas, which impact your ability to function. It could cause:
- Headaches and migraines
- Numbness and tingling
- Loss of smell
- Difficulty walking
- Blurred vision
Without an accident injury attorney it’ll be hard to calculate damages for memory loss, fatigue, or loss of smell. It takes a legally trained eye to evaluate your injuries. Even the emotional trauma will take time to heal from. We typically use medical and police reports to calculate damages for rehabilitation, loss of income, punitive damages, and forthcoming medical care.
Examples of TBIs
A few examples of traumatic brain injuries are as follows:
- Concussions – are considered as trauma from sudden impact. Depending on the force, someone could lose consciousness or experience periods of dizziness.
- Contusions – are damaged or injured tissue causing swelling, bruising, or bleeding on the brain.
- Skull penetration – is the most severe. When an object directly hits or penetrates the skull it requires immediate medical attention.
Should I Get a Lawyer for A Brain Injury?
TBI lawyers consider short-term injuries, as well as the complications that could follow. Both can take an extreme physical and emotional toll on your body. Between treatments and out of pocket expenses, the best thing you can do after experiencing a brain injury is to hire a lawyer! Here are a few tips to consider when you’re searching:
- Check out their practice areas. The attorney should have expertise in representing clients for brain injuries.
- They offer free consultations. Choose a law firm that feels like the right fit for you and your case.
- Trial experience matters. Do they have a track record of winning cases for their clients?
- Glowing reviews can be found on AVVO, Yelp, Facebook, and Google. Reviews will give you a better idea of what you might be looking for in your attorney.
- Does the law firm in question work on a contingency fee basis? That means you won’t pay anything until your case is won. That is crucial if medical expenses are already burdensome.
With any traumatic injury, even thinking about filing a lawsuit can feel overwhelming. Having the right TBI attorney can make a difference between a low-ball settlement and maximum recovery.
About Grey Law
“When it comes to getting you more, I won’t settle for less.” – David Grey
When you or a loved one are injured due to negligence, carelessness, or wrongful acts of another person, David Grey is ready to help. Seeking compensation or negotiating with insurance companies can be stressful, especially while recovering. Let us do that for you.
Why do you need a lawyer for accident compensation? With thousands of lawyers in California, we understand it can be difficult to choose the right legal representation. We have 35+ years of experience and secured millions for our clients. From the time you retain our firm, we build your case. For a free case evaluation and consultation, reach out to us at 323-768-0497 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.