Injured in a Construction Accident? Contact a Construction Injury Attorney Los Angeles Today
Causes and Types of Injuries in Construction Accidents
Working in construction is an extremely dangerous job. There are various reasons as to why construction workers are constantly put at risk, such as heavy equipment, hazardous work environments, and the potential to be exposed to toxic chemicals. Because construction workers are constantly being put a risk, there are federal and state regulations that are put in place to protect workers. Unfortunately, however, some employers may ignore the rules to save time and money. Because of this, it can potentially cause serious injuries, and sometimes even death.
Employers who choose to cut corners and do not follow the state and federal rules are putting their employers at risk tremendously and under no circumstances is that fair, nor legal. At Grey Law, we have an abundance of experience in handling construction accident cases on behalf of victims and their families. If you or a loved one has fallen victim in a construction accident, you should certainly speak to a construction accident lawyer Los Angeles at Grey Law to find out your legal options. We will get you the legal help you need to obtain a fair settlement and the justice that you deserve.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents
There are several causes in which can cause construction accidents, including the following:
- Slip and falls: Slip and falls can be very serious and can occur from great heights, cranes, ladders, roofs, and more.
- Falling objects: Construction workers run the risk of falling objects and can potentially cause brain injuries and more.
- Faulty or poorly maintained equipment: Inadequate and poorly maintained equipment can cause serious injuries or even death to workers.
- Fire or explosions: Because construction sites involve several dangerous and explosive materials, it can easily cause a fire or explosion if components are not carefully dealt with.
- Collapsed structures: Trenches, tunnels, or even buildings in the process of being built may become weak due to extreme weather conditions, earthquakes, etc. As a result, construction workers run the risk of becoming extremely injured or even killed.
- Overexertion: Construction workers often overwork and push their bodies to get work done. In addition, they often work in dangerous weather conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Respiratory illness: Construction workers may experience respiratory illnesses, stemming from dust, dirt, hazardous chemicals, and other materials, which can cause serious diseases.
Common Injuries Caused By Construction Accidents
- Broken bones
- Loss of hearing/sight
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head/brain injuries
- Respiratory disease
Since there are so many risks that construction workers are exposed to, federal and state regulations are strictly enforced; however, there are times when employers ignore safety regulations. It is extremely unfortunate that this is so because employees can easily be severely injured or killed due to an employer’s negligence. In addition, serious injuries or death can even be caused by faulty or poorly maintained equipment. If that is the case, the manufacturer of the equipment may even be held liable.
Contact a Construction Injury Attorney Los Angeles
No one should ever have to deal with the aftermath of a construction accident on their own, which is why our team of experienced lawyers are here to help. We are strong advocates of obtaining justice for the victims who have been hurt or killed in a construction accident caused by the negligence of another party. We know exactly what it takes to prove a strong and successful case and we will not stop fighting on behalf of our clients until we receive a full and fair settlement for them.
Victims of construction accidents should never have to pay out-of-pocket for their injuries caused by the negligence of someone else. We will do whatever it takes to get the justice victims deserve.
The repercussions of a construction accident can cause not only physical pain, but also emotional, mental, and financial distress. We understand that it is very difficult to deal with, which is why we strongly advise you to call a Los Angeles construction accident lawyer to get the legal help you need. We offer free consultations and do not charge any upfront fees. You do not have to pay a dime unless we win and settle your case. Get the help you need today–call Grey Law.