Motorcycle Accident Road Hazards
Determining Liability for Motorcycle Accidents Caused By Road Hazards
Road hazards pose a serious threat to motorcyclists. Riding a motorcycle is already dangerous enough, but if there are any obstacles or hazards on the road, it can cause serious repercussions for motorcyclists. For cyclists, something as small as wet pavement or a crack on the roadway can cause a serious accident resulting in severe injuries or even death.
In this article, you will learn about the most common road hazards that all motorcyclists should be aware of and do anything they can to avoid:
- Rough roadways: Rough roadways can be caused due to poor maintenance, construction work, and roadway resurfacing. This can result in rough and bumpy pavement on the road, which poses a great threat to riders.
- Gravel: Gravel is one of the most dangerous road hazards and poses a serious threat when making turns.
- Edge breaks: Edge breaks are an irregular or uneven road surface that changes due to the road being different heights. This is dangerous, especially when a motorcyclist is traveling at a high speed.
- Expansion joints and bridge joints: Expansion joints connection parts of a road together and bridge joints connect parts of a bridge together. These can result in gaps in the road, which can be very dangerous for motorcyclists.
- Slippery roads: Slippery roads can come about due to leaves, roadway paint, train tracks, crosswalk lines, oil, and other materials, which can cause a motorcycle to slide.
- Snow, ice, and standing water: Snow, ice, and standing water pose a serious threat, as it can cause a motorcycle to easily hydroplane and lose control.
- Road debris: There are several types of road debris, such as rocks, branches, fallen parts from other vehicles, tire threads, and several other debris that can create an obstacle and pose a hazard.
- Railroad crossings: Wheels can easily get caught on railroad tracks, as they are raised and create a serious hazard for motorcyclists. Additionally, they can become very slippery when wet, therefore can cause an even greater threat.
- Weather conditions: Dangerous weather conditions, such as rain or strong winds can result in slippery surfaces or can result in throwing a rider off balance.
Staying Safe On The Road
As a motorcyclist, it is important that you stay vigilant of all times. Although not all accidents are completely unavoidable, you can lessen the risk by making sure you are always aware of your surroundings.
Here are a few tips to practice to help you avoid colliding when you are on the road:
- Avoid sudden moves
- Use both brakes
- Practice good posture
- Do not tailgate
- Travel at safe speeds
- Plan and learn how to deal with certain obstacles
Get Help From A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Los Angeles
If you or someone you know was injured in a motor vehicle accident, it is important to know that you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. We understand that dealing with the repercussions of an accident can be seriously devastating. The repercussions can range from serious injuries, to extensive medical bills, loss of wages, and so much more. By contacting our team at Grey Law, you will not have to deal with this alone.
Our team is extremely knowledgeable in representing minimally injured victims to those in critical condition and we highly encourage you to seek legal help as soon as possible to preserve your rights. If you are in need of a reputable Los Angeles personal injury attorney, we want you to know that we can help you from start to finish. Legal professionals help gather all evidence pertaining to your case to make sure that whoever is responsible for your injuries are held liable for all the medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses incurred from your accident.
At Grey Law, we offer free consultations. Therefore, you have nothing to lose by calling us. In addition, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not have to pay a thing unless we win your case. Feel free to contact us any time to speak to an experienced lawyer to get the help you need. We are here to help.
Pedestrian Accidents on Interstate Highways
It is usual to see a vehicle or truck parked on the shoulder of an interstate highway. Collisions may happen no matter how cautious a person might be. Pedestrians are often the victim in these [...]
What is a Subrogation Action?
Have you been in a workplace accident or car accident? If so, you likely visited an urgent care facility or emergency room thereafter. While any medical provider is likely to get patients to fill out [...]
Factors to Consider When Hiring a Truck Accident Attorney
Whenever you are in a truck accident, it is essential to seek legal help. There are many factors to consider when hiring a truck accident attorney. You want to find someone who has experience with [...]